Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

Guatemalan Pigme

A friend of mine, Dallas Clements, complained to Mixahl, "You've hired another person who can't speak English!" Mixahl looked at him perplexedly and said, "Heee doesn't have to talk to the dishes!"
Hahahaha! That broke my heart with fifty percent laughter and fifty percent sympathy.

Christopher R. Lyman



 My friend, a Guatemalan pigme,
who sailed athwart the treacherous sea,
all the way to middle Missouri
with hardly enough to feed a flea -
something to be said for it - really!

He came far, picking up some of the tongue.
He couldn't speak Spanish or English
but had enough voice - enough in one lung
to wash a tray and a dish.

He eluded the taxman and the INS,
Driving with a different picture -
to him more meant less,
he needed neither sermon nor lecture -
was content absurdly with a guess!

Raffeal Avarado Yule was his name
Too short to wear an apron right
and not long enough for any dame -
this was neither shame nor blight
to be so charming an unfit for the game.

Most cooks wanted to get done,
throwing their dishes in the drink,
"Raffita! Enough with your fun!
Vamanos wey, think, Raffita, think!
I've got more in my pinky than you in your lung!"

He flirted with many a lady,
smiling with a shit-eating grin.
He meant well but was quite shady,
not long enough even in his shin.
"I'm short, but I'm a freak and I'm crazy!"

My friend, a Guatemalan Pigme,
did the same number every day,
but never complained See!
'Tis hilarious in every way!

No comments:

Post a Comment