Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Harry's Bar: Hot Toddy

A musician with a cold
was playin' bold
in a malaise, in a mar,
tryin' hard at Harry's Bar,
to do what they told
with a gaze and a guitar.

Bartender says to him,
"You seem a trifle dim."

"Yes, and I'm dangerously trim -
I've come...come with a benign request
in search of  hope on a whim -
but you must follow all of my behest."


"All that playin' by an ill man!?
We succor and serve Jameson,
American Honey, and Jack...Jah -Jack Dan.
You'll soon come back to fun
and tall enough for a nun."

"Well, could you add two lemons
 and honey with cayenne pepper -
 to exorcise the demons
and put flesh on this leper?"

"A hot toddy if my name isn't Ronnie!"
 I've got all the that.
 We'll render the toddy for your body,
 a leper to be rosy, jocund, and fat!"

 "There is the issue of the liquor
 and we'll have to dicker -
 I'll stop when you're quicker."

 "Make it American Honey"
  with a dash of mace,
  and make it funny,
  seering hot to scorch my face!"
  And...make it, Sonnie,
  if you want euphony in back in the place."

No comments:

Post a Comment